Are you ready for the Housing Summit 2019!
November 23, 2019 — SUMMIT 9am-6pm
“In 2016 and 2018 Pittsburgh residents came together to discuss ways to address our worsening affordable housing crisis. A basic premise of this effort is that we need to make housing a human right and shift away from policies that treat housing as a commodity reserved only for those who can pay market rates. We believe our society needs to find new ways to ensure that all residents have access to safe and affordable housing, and we are committed to working across our many differences to make Pittsburgh and our larger region a place that is most livable for everyone. The Pittsburgh Housing Summit is an ongoing process of movement-building for housing justice.”
- Welcome Home! Successful Living
- Housing UN-Developed
- Tenant Organizing 101/102
- Creative Tools to Mitigate Displacement
- Credit, Wealth Building and Homeownership
- From Grassroots to Grasstops
12:20pm-2pm LUNCH with Table Talks
- Housing to School to Prison Pipeline
- Getting the Maintenance and Repairs You Deserve!
- Changing the Game: “The Renters’ New Deal”
3:45pm- 5pm HAVE NO FEAR: Building Tenant Power
5pm-5:30pm Closing Remarks